"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

99 cent fish tacos

my father in law is the director of marketing and training for bajio.
i know, it sounds so fancy.
it is;-)
we call him the "hot old man."
i was the "hot blonde," until i died my hair.
now i'm the blushing brunette??? or something.
my face does have a red tint.
especially in the summer.
it's inevitable. concealer and powder please.
so he told us they just launched a new menu item: fish tacos
"99 cents on cinco de mayo," he said.
so of course we went.
s.d.gib is on break. ann marie met us.
the pork loin was in rare form.
all he wanted was orange bang.
have you tried it?
it's frothy, it's lovely.
so we walked in and the tacos were posted for the regular price of $2.49.
so i called my father in law.
they rang up as 99 cents.
we sat down with our food.
and orange bang.
i also got a pineapple shrimp salad.
it's DEE-vine.
a few minutes later the phone rings.
i noticed the employee talking.
she hangs up.
walks over to the white board,
and well, you can see what she fixed on their sign.
"the daughter in law of the director of marketing is in our store right now and said you're not advertising our cinco de mayo special. could you please fix it?"
or something like that;-)
i laughed.
a
lot.
want to find a bajio near you?
click here.
so they're 99 cents today.
you should try them.
it's festive.
for cinco de mayo, saavy?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Emily,
I L-O-V-E your new profile picture. I laughed when it showed up on my comments.
I am so jealous about your father in law (that is I am jealous if you get lots of cheap mexican food)! How totally awesome! I can't wait for my hubby to get home from work... I just decided we are going to add fish tacos to our menu for dinner tonight. Thanks for the head's up.

Katie said...

Ahh, I want some 99 cent fish tacos! We would have been all over it. Awesome story. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I FREAKING LOVE ORANGE BANG!! Our grandparents had it at their Mexican restaurant when we were younger...ask Sean he will probably remember that.

p.s. if i loose my job in the next few weeks i'm going to try to talk the pregnant lady into driving to Utah for a long weekend sometime soon. i will let you guys know.

Fiauna said...

I love Bajio. And fish tacos? Pa-lease! Plus 99 cents? Too good to be true.

Proudfeet said...

99 cent fish tacos! I wish I had known about that!

Susan Anderson said...

How can fish tacos make me hungry in the morning?! I've been on this cookie diet too darned long.

=)

Jess said...

MMM fish tacos, so tasty. Glad the pork loin is being taught about the tastiness of orange bang! Its so good

Snarky Belle said...

Takin' care of business. Too funny she fixed the sign right then! :)