"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

how it took 5 hours to make a 26 second clip.

That one time when I called Bree 
and yelled 
"THE PRODUCERS at 
GOOD MORNING AMERICA just called me,
 and said I'm going to be ON THE SHOW tomorrow!!!!! 
Can you come over right now and help me make gingerbread cookies?!"
true story.
i
kid
you
not.
 So she dropped EVERYTHING to pick up tube icing and Christmas sprinkles 
(thank you Teresa for your 1 cup of Molasses!!! and Julie for your rolling pin bc mine is still at Good Things Utah AND your gingerbread man cookie cutter. 
{Was that a runon sentence? I'm not sure if my brain is still here right now???} 
Then we masterminded a 2 min recorded clip that ended up being a miscommunication of time length, which we didn't know until after I had left for carpool and let chase eat😛 TTWO of the cookies 
AT WHICH POINT 
the ever great Millie {my 15 yr old babysitter} enters the story, 
who sat on my counter and told me what to do with my hands🤗 and eyes, 
while we bribed Max and Teagan with more cookies😂
 to keep Dean downstairs with them 
so we could do 16 more takes to get the clip down to the 26 allotted seconds. 
HOLY COW
it might have been one of my most fun days of my entire liiiiiiiiife, 
and I can't wait to see my BLINK of a 26 second clip on the real
LIVE
GOOD MORNING AMERICA
☕️IN in the 
BIG APPLE 
of NYC 
bright and early 
TOMORROW MORNING!!! 
So set your DVR folks, and don't blink or you might miss it.
I'll be on there with my signature "E" apron, 
and now you know the story of how it took 5 hours to film a 26 second clip💁🏼
You can find my recipe on the GMA website. How BOUT THEM apples?!🍎

No comments: