"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Saturday, December 10, 2016

NINETY

Celebrating πŸŽ‰ Grandma Gigi's 90th #birthday πŸŽπŸŽ‚! You've never met a lady with a funnier sense of humor πŸ˜‚πŸ‘΅πŸ». Facts about Gigi you should know: her first name is actually Carol (my mom was named after her 😜), she was dear friends with Louis Armstrong 🎺 and family (my mom @cccarol626 used to babysit their kids), she had 5 babies in 5 years πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ» and then she had two more πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ» #yep , NOBODY on this planet is a better "waker-upper" of people (she had this song she used to sing to me--her voice was the perfect pitch, never too demanding, and was always just the right amount of HAPPY for the #morning ☀️), she used to have the most beautiful jet black hair (and now it's perfectly silver) and blue eyes πŸ’™πŸ‘€ (this was something Frank Sinatra liked about her, but we'll get to that later), her red Ford Fairlane car πŸš— is always where I picture her in my mind when I think of her as a young #mom , she broke her shoulder on the #GreatWallofChina πŸ―⛩ right after we alpine slid down it πŸ˜‚, she likes to golf 🏌️‍♀️⛳️ more than bowl 🎳, but she'll whip you in both, even at 90, and once Frank Sinatra 🎹 hit on her in front of her hubby πŸ™Š, while she was sitting next to Al Collins#truestory (she's also met Sophia Lauren, Count Bassie, Benny Goodman, Janis Joplin--she didn't like her much πŸ˜‚, Ella Fitzgerald, and Jimmy Durantee). In an interview I did with her on my #blog eight years ago, she gave me the best advice I've ever heard: BE HONEST. HAPPY 90th BDAY πŸŽπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰Grandma Gigi!!! I love you πŸ’• SO much, and am so #grateful for all of the things you have taught me about #life !!!

No comments: