"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, December 22, 2008

enjoy the season!

i am blogging today from an undisclosed location this morning
(that's code for half moon bay!!!!!)
originally we were scheduled to come today, but being the airplane family that we once were, we knew we had to get out of town before the
big kahuna of storms hit.
the reports today are delayed flights out of salt lake city and one white out to blame.
thanks to my lovely mother, we used two companion passes to jet set our way into the bay
late late late
last night.
during our bumpy ride my mother's genius reminded me to
"enjoy the season."
sometimes i get so excited to get to the next christmas event that christmas is over before i know it, in a blink.
go to this party here, do christmas with your parents here, do this on this day, bake on that day, christmas with my parents here, this play, that day, this time, that day, this time, that day...
well, you get the idea.
i cherish time with my family more than ever these days, so it's one day at a time for me this year b/c if i get myself looking forward to christmas too much my trip will be over and we'll be back at home again.
i declare christmas fun every day this week!
and you should too!
well, we should probably make it every day all year.

No comments: