"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

cartz

if there are two carts already parked in the middle of the parking lot,
is it okay for me to leave mine with it?
or do i need to walk my cart responsibly to the cart return?
the cart return worker already has to pick up these two carts, right?
plus i could push them all together to make them more stable and less likely to roll into someone elses car.
now, let's just say that there were NOT two cars of shoppers unloading their items and walking their carts to the cart return at the moment you were considering this little ethical choice.
what would you do?













...
psssssst...
i walked mine over into the cart return.
i felt like such a responsible little shopper:-)

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Honestly? I've done both. Lately I've been pushing he cart back to its proper place. But on a day when I'm hot and tired and frazzled, anything could happen!

=)

Proudfeet said...

I think you did the right thing!

Katie said...

I gotta confess.....our Target has very badly placed cart returns. What they do have, however, is lots of sidewalks in down the middle of the parking lot. I have left my cart on the sidewalk many a time instead of hauling it to the cart return. I saw as long as it is somewhere it can't roll and hit a car....

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

I try to do the right thing and put it back into the cart return, but honestly it all depends on how loud my child is screaming at the moment;)

Emmy said...

I must admit I usually do push it back. If it has been one of those days and I just want/need to get out of there and my kids are driving me insane then the cart might just get left in some random place.

Jess said...

Not to be all braggy- but even at costco I push mine back. Ihad to help for 1 day as a lot attendant at home depot (read cart retriever) adn it was sheer drudgery. I loathed the one random cart out in egypt, so i vowed not to be that guy/gal.

Fiauna said...

Back in college, my husband was the "cart return" person at Wal-mart. Now, I always push my cart back to the return. Or, better yet, leave the cart in the store and carry the bags to the car (if and when I can).

You did the right thing. I'm so proud of you.

Synergy Girl said...

I swear I have little mini convo's with my innerself every time it comes to "where do I put the cart" Well, I justify my placements by where I pick up my cart. I make a point to grab ones between cars, that way I don't have to feel bad when mine ends up "on the line" when I am done...