from this point forward,
all outfits will revolve around these shoes.
i cannot say i won't wear them with things that don't match either.
desperate times call for desperate measures.
i made bread that worked.
like REALLY worked.
it's all about the moisture.
that's the key.
oh, and adding your oil after everything else soaks for 10-15 min.
notes to follow.
ok, i'll buy bread again, but really, i may never eat a ham sandwich on bread that's not my own creation.
eat in heavenly peace.
all of you half moon bay people will understand when i say i made my very own version of san benito.
without all of the "out of code" food though.
Herb Whole Grain Wheat Bread
(i used my kitchen aid mixer with dough hook for all mixing)
2 c hot water
1/3 c honey
1 c oatmeal (i like quick oats)
*put together, set aside for later, let stand 15 minutes
4 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c dough enhancer (next to the flour at the grocery store)
2 tbls yeast
1/4c parsley flakes
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
1 tsp majoram
garlic powder, a few shakes
1 c shredded cheddar cheese (i left this out this time)
*mix all together in bowl
1. add flour/herb mixture to wet mixture once 15 min has passed from first step.
2. mix well.
3. let stand 10 minutes.
4. add 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil.
5. mix well, adding more whole wheat flour until dough is tacky (stick your finger in dough, it should stick to your finger, but not be runny. i added flour in 1/4c increments).
6. mix 10-15 minutes.
7. cover, let rise until doubles in size (about 30 min)
8. mix down with dough hook for about 30 seconds (dough will fall to half size)
9. divide into 2 loaves, cover, let rise until double in size.
10. bake 350* for 30-40 min or until log sounds hollow when tapped.