"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, February 1, 2010

coke and churro

just doing my part to add to childhood obesity.
there was a churro involved as well.
it's a good thing toddlers are so cute,
b/c i'm totally over the tantrums today.
...
somehow i allowed myself to believe i would go into labor this past weekend.
something i'm really bugged at now.
b/c i was much more patient when i was pregnant with brennan.
but now i've managed to feel like i'm at least 40 weeks.
but i'm 38.
only 38.
so why was i irritable the entire weekend?
b/c i totally planned on being un-pregnant-ed by today.
thank goodness ann marie is bringing cafe rio over tonight.
bless her.
and the really annoying thing is that i know it's for the best b/c i've had a cold the past week.
and it's finally going away today.
so i might actually be healthy now when i deliver max.
see, pregnant woman "done gone lost her mind" this past weekend.
lost all rational sense of good judgement.
now, i have a week left to get it back...

10 comments:

Proudfeet said...

Can't wait to meet little Max! And see her blog debut, soon I hope! That little B is going to be one fun big brother! So tell me, would you like diiner sooner or later? I am guessing you will have neighbor food madnees after the main event! Or you can just keep me posted, consider this an open invitation for whenever you need a meal!
XO

Jess said...

That tends to happen, frequently, in the last days of gestating. The eviction notice has been served, but no one is taking it seriously, no packing is done yet, and the moving truck is late! hopefully this week will bring a return to sanity, and an evicted renter.

Lauren said...

glad you are feeling better! it's miserable (and a little scary) to be ready to give birth and have a cold, and just wondering how on earth the deep breathing techniques will work with the sniffles!
Sorry you are not un-pregnant-ed yet... It's frustrating, I understand! But I'll tell you what I tell myself, "Soon, soon, soon... Baby just wants to cook a little longer so they will be that much cuter when they come out!"

Emmy said...

Sorry.. it is so hard at the end. And soon... soon.. :)

Fiauna said...

Staying happy and still pregnant at the end is very difficult. With my fourth, I swore I'd enjoy my pregnancy and not get all hasty at the end. But after three weeks of bed rest and preterm labor that started at 32 weeks, I found myself crying at the Dr.'s office because I wasn't in labor at 37 weeks. I felt so silly and ashamed. If I had it to do all over again I would have enjoyed being pregnant a little while longer.

Susan Anderson said...

Glad you're getting over your cold. I think it would be the pits to labor with a stuffy nose.

=)

keri said...

So so so sooooooo over the tantrums. I've sworn off shopping for a while. I went to pick up some pizza on Friday night and called the pizza hut to make sure they had a drive through window so I didn't have to get out of the car with my naughty little one. I wish that this phase was just ending instead of just beginning. But there are so many other fun parts of this age!!!
I'm sorry that you had a rough weekend. It probably didn't help that everyone (including me) was telling you that they thought you'd have the baby. But she'll be here before you know it. :)

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

Yea I always give into my kids too, especially at Costco.. but looking at Cohen I'm doing okay.. that kid is more muscular that I am for sure.. and most people I know.

Katie said...

Yes, perfectly normal. Don't you hate it?

Alicia said...

You have every right to loose your mind just a little. I know I have been where you are. I sooo understand.