"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Thursday, December 30, 2010

WALL-E won both times.

i think we're snowed in.
and without any eggs.
can you make pancakes without eggs?
bieber wants them.
and i'm pretty sure it's a better option than the twix bar he really wanted for breakfast.
i hope i can make yogurt sound exciting.
and maybe a fruit bar.
did i really just write a post this week about organic???
the yogurt is organic.
dr. once was scout master took my car b/c his couldn't get out.
the roads are covered.
no snow plows to be seen.
can't imagine what the morning commute looked like today.
i've wrestled the remote from bieber twice to sneak a peek at the news,
but WALL-E has won both times.
when do i shovel when the snow won't stop?
shovel now, and let it build up again?
shovel when it's all done?
it looks like it's done in my picture.
but it's not.
i think i heard it won't be done until saturday.
which makes me think i should shovel now.
and then later.
and then later again.
or....
just stay inside:)
and watch it all float down.
fluffy.
white.
beautiful.
snow.
sideways snow.
ski down my street snow.
hot chocolate for breakfast snow.
there's an idea!
no eggs needed for that.

8 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Looks like that at my house, too. I'll enjoy it much more when my husband and daughter return from the airport with my son and daughter-in-law. I love snow when it's not on the roads.

And your post is very poetic.

Gilbert Family said...

gorgeous!!! it is so pretty there. i cant believe it! must be nice :)

Macey said...

It looks really pretty! I would hate to drive in it!

Susan Anderson said...

Mmmm. How about hot chocolate and cinnamon toast? All you need is butter, cinnamon and sugar for that!

=)

McVal said...

That is beautiful! Shovel now and again later. If it's freezing, then it will be frozen and a lot harder to shovel.
Hot cocoa sounds great! with marshmallows...

jen said...

When you have an opportunity, two bits of advice. Keep an emergency bag of Krusteaz mix. No eggs required. Also, plain Knox unflavored gelatin can substitute for eggs. I've used it in pancakes in a pinch. It's not too bad. In a pinch.
Lucky you and the snow. It's always fun--for a few hours, then Target begins calling me, and when I can't answer, things get ugly.

Emmy said...

Wow! You guys got a lot fast. It does look pretty

Amy said...

Cocoa for breakfast sounds di vine! And I can still see my grass from beneath my snow. I am so jealous. Amazing what a couple of miles can do with the weather, hu?