"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Saturday, July 5, 2014

the day we conquered BIG BERTHA.

scariest water slide 
we've ever faced.
sean was sent to clear the path.
we heard rumors it was really dark in the middle and that the house keeper's daughter once lost a toe nail in it.
so basically it scared the crap out of me.
never had any intentions of going down it myself.
fully planned on cheering on sean,
maybe encouraging brennan into it,
and calling it a day.
and then max went down right after sean.
which made brennan want to go.
followed by brennan bullying me into it.
using my own words against me.
ha!
"mom, if you don't go today, you'll never get to go.
you'll miss your chance, and you might regret it.
just do it. you'll be glad you did."
-brennan
and then i went down it 6 more times before my dad called us up for dinner.
we conquered bertha.
and she bettered our courage.
and it was such a great day.

No comments: