"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SLEEP.

sometime right in the middle of july i find myself coming down the stairs in the morning,
or really late at night.
with the air conditioner blasting,
and the hot summer air looming outside,
and i fantasize about seeing my christmas tree with its lights glowing in front of my front window.
and for a minute i can almost smell the fresh scent of christmas tree in my house.
once i closed my eyes and always fell down the entire darn staircase.
man was i glad no one saw that except me.
but right now,
every time i come down the stairs,
i'm basking in that big open space,
and all of the hard work it took to put it all away,
and how satisfying it is to see everything back in its place for the routine life of the rest of the year.
with no needles anywhere.
not even in the cracks of the front entry tiles or in the crooks of the bottom banister.
just a toy bin, and newly arranged christmas toys that are being loved with novelty of childhood.
i love that fresh clean start of january!
now about that one word resolution everyone keeps posting.
here's mine: 
SLEEP:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love how much you love the little things. So much fun!