i forgot to post about this amazing fish i made last week.
it was from my
60 min. Gourmet
you know, the one with the shrimp recipe?
(click on "recipes" at the bottom on this post to see other recipes i've listed)
anyway, i do make other things than fish
from the book, but i've been trying to
it looks like lasagna right now.
baked red snapper
with feta cheese
1/4c olive oil
1/4c chopped onion
2tsp chopped garlic
2c canned tomatoes, diced with liquid
2tbls. drained capers
1tsp dried oregano
1/4tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
1/4c & 2tbls chopped parsley
salt & pepper to taste
2 red snapper fillets (about 1 1/4lb each)*
1/2lb feta cheese
*i bought the least expensive white fish that was fresh that day,
which happened to be orange roughie and cod.
about 2-3lbs worth.
1. preheat 425*
2. heat oil, onion, and garlic, stirring until onion is soft and transparent
3. add tomatoes with liquid, capers, oregano, pepper flakes, parsley, salt, & pepper
4. arrange fish in a round baking dish (one layer, do not stack fish on top of each other)
5. pour sauce on top of fish
6. bake for 15 min.
7. crumble feta cheese and sprinkle over fish and sauce, bake 5-10 min.
8. serve with a veggie and garlic bread, serves 4
my garlic bread
i use whatever bread i have in my kitchen
(sometimes leftover hamburger buns!)
sprinkle garlic salt
sprinkle Parmesan powdered cheese
broil 3-5 min. until golden brown
alright, now go to the store to get your fish & feta!