"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

they're coming to get me!!!!

several times a week the pork loin and i go walking.
it's good for the heart, you know.
sometimes shady things happen in our neighborhood.
it's either our city or west valley city on the news for the scary stuff.
in fact, the scout master and i have a running joke about the entire thing.
there was even a gun hold up at the park we walk at when brennan was a few weeks old.
all of the news "copters" were hovering over the baseball fields, and the roads were closed off.
if i remember correctly, somebody kidnapped a girl in west valley city and led police on a high speed chase that ended in our town.
see, it's west valley city or us.
told you.
so this morning when sean saw a news article about a house burning down after an arrest just down the street, i was not surprised.
"that's our city!" i said.
we laughed about it for a minute, and then got all excited to go see the scene of the crime.
i know, we are sick people that get excited over things like this.
would you really not go see it though if it happened in your neighborhood???
if it was someone we knew and loved, trust me, we wouldn't have been excited.
we would have been much more sad.
it's much easier to make the whole thing into a "zoo" viewing experience when you don't know the people.
my less than awesome photos were taken on my camera phone as i forced sean to "drive slower" and duck down so the woman couldn't see me taking pictures of the burned down house. she was there cleaning out her things. i'm assuming the man was taken into custody as planned. i know, it's shameful, but really, have you ever seen a burned down house. it's crazy! sad, but creepy too.
i'm always scared when i walk by this house every morning.
there is a massive junk yard that looks like something off of a horror movie.
just keep your eyes forward and walk by quickly like you don't notice it. oh, is that my phone ringing?! it must be, i'd better pull it out and check to see if it was ringing...or if i have email...or a text! are we past it yet???
that's what i do when i walk by.
i know, i'm paranoid.
the paranoia gets far too out of hand during gestation time.
yikes.
i've been walking on the other side of the street during this gestation.
the story goes something like this:
police were coming to arrest the man in the house shown above early this morning.
6am or something that i haven't seen in a long while (bless you for sleeping pork loin, bless you).
ten minutes after the police arrived (or after they arrested him, something like that), the house caught on fire from the upper level.
this is where it gets shady.
the occupants of the house claim to have two separate apartments in the house.
one up, one down.
the man claims to live in the apartment upstairs, the woman downstairs.
the woman was home when the house caught fire, claiming to be in her own apartment on the bottom.
draw your own conclusion.
i'm just saying...
sounds a little fishy to me.
and if i mysteriously disappear tonight, you'll know why!
send the search parties!
the scary junk yard people came to get me!!!
see what i mean about the paranoia???
in other news:
did i mention the scout master is home this entire week??!! i think i did.
it's like saturday every day, but without all of the hustle and bustle of homework and getting ready for sunday.
the pork loin had a fight with the concrete with his face last night.
the concrete won.
it's really sad.
neosporin.
lots.
particularly on the nose.
there was another episode with a toy motorcycle bike at the discovery gateway today that cut his lip and chin.
they're currently calling cps.
i can hear them dialing.
we cleaned out the front closet.
the scout master is checking things off his list left and right!
a-MAZ-ing.
my house has officially been

"HALLOWEEN-ED"!!!!!!
thank goodness too.
just know there are lots of witches.
they are my favorites.
all decorations are proudly displayed above the reach of my toddler (which i am most proud of, the toddler and the out of reach decorations).
my favorite you ask?
too tough to say, but i'm really enjoying the witch's cratch-eh-ty broom i hung over my door.
is it too late to watch hocus pocus again tonight?
i'm enjoying the smell of my pumpkin & spice, jack-o-lantern shaped, salt city candle right this very minute!
it's wonderful and quite relaxing.
i found pig tails again today, and it has the scout master all excited!

6 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

I don't even know where to begin. You just make me laugh, let's leave it at that! :) love you lady!

Emmy said...

That house would scare me too. And definitely sounds suspicious to me.
Good job getting your house Halloween-ed :)

Bree said...

that house is SO NOT scary! you're making people think we live in the GHETTO! we only live in midvale...houses burn down in draper, south mountain, holladay, and bountiful too ya know!

keri said...

If you would have walked with Jess and I yesterday, you could have seen all the firemen in action.

Susan Anderson said...

There's too much here to even respond to, and I'm sitting here in Starbucks because I have no electricity. So let's just say that you are cracking me up.

=)

Amy said...

Sounds like you live in my city, but I know you are much further south than that. But it is kind of exciting in a scary sort of way to have all those things happen near you. Claim to fame type thing.

Can I be honest? We secretly hope that somehow our house will burn down when no one is home. And we have all our important information out of course. And now if that ever happens we will come under suspicion. But still, we want to move so badly and that would be the easiest way.

Yay for Halloween decorations. I have had mine out since August, simply because I couldn't wait. pitiful, I know. I think you should post pictures. I would love to see your witches!