"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

moment of truth

the hardest part about a budget is the list.
the grocery list.
the bills are usually the same.
dependable.
reliable.
but the list.
it's the big kahuna.
for me.
ever changing.
needing constant manipulation.
bang for buck!
so the big moment in the store when i look at my list and i see there are no double dipped chocolate covered peanuts on it, i reach the moment of truth.
put some bananas back?
no.
ignore the list?
no.
put them in my cart?
yes.
b/c they were on the running list in my head anyway...
...
and AMY, my clipboard rocks.
thanks:-)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! I am attempting to go over my budget right now. I need the pep talk. Thanks. And I am so glad you like the clipboard. You are most welcome! :)

Susan Anderson said...

Sometimes, you just have to treat yourself!

=)

Emmy said...

Lol! I have picked out other things at times only to have Lucas ask me if it is on the list! well i guess at least he is learning about lists :)