"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the beauty box

i escaped to the beauty box while the kids took naps.
babysitting courtesy of mama nacho.
and it was there that i discovered how i'd forgotten the simple pleasure of hair pampering.
the feeling of sitting under a dryer with nothing to do, trashy gossip magazines a plenty.
i spent the entire time busy on my phone.
no one to attend to.
solitaire,
sending my self portraits to my regulars.
it still didn't cure the bewitching hours when i came home.
5:30-8 really takes it out of me.
good thing my hair is pretty.
b/c the good lord knows that greasy, undone hair makes everything feel worse.
i guess this means we've made it another day.

7 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

A little pampering always does good for Mama! LOVE the color!

Mrs. D said...

The hair salon can do wonders for your spirits :) It is my favorite day!

Amy said...

Aw, your hair is gorgeous! I have never had more than a cut done on my hair. Oh, once I got highlights. I am going to have to try it sometime.

Susan Anderson said...

Your hair looks wonderful. I LOVE it all natural and shiny.

=)

Emmy said...

Looks great! And I am beyond overdue for some pampering.

The Wilson Family said...

I totally agree and hope I'll be getting the same for my birthday in a few weeks. You look GRREAT! YOU'RE SUCH A HOT MAMA! Glad you got a day out..well a few hours haha. It's a big deal when you're a full time mom!

Missy said...

You still going to your same girl from back in the day? I remember you coming back from "Utah gettin' my hair did" trips! You'd show up to class on Monday with several colors all perfectly coordinated. I was ooper jealous of your lovely locks! Pretty hair makes me smile too, Em. Now if somehow we could get it done together at the same place at the same time = happy day!!!