"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, March 12, 2012

the netherlands {36 weeks}

did you know that in the netherlands when you are pregnant,
you are considered legally insane?
and any crime you commit during your pregnancy is tried under insanity?
this is what someone told me at church last week.
and i was like, "oh my gosh, i TOTALLY agree!"
not about committing murder,
or getting away with committing murder,
or committing crimes in general,
just about being legally insane.
when you are pregnant.
netherlands,
smart people.
at least,
if it's true.
and if it's not true,
it should be.
weekend accomplishments:
sean fixed brennan's flat.
i survived tai pan on a saturday with two kids, alone.
2 kids is easier than 3 kids.
this is what i have determined.
i came out with two baskets {and two kids, kind of 3} that organized the toys that felt unorganized.
my nesting self just had to get those baskets and it had to get them NOW!
and i got a sunburn.
face, chest, left arm/top of left wrist.
they still itch.
ouch.
the end.

7 comments:

T!FF said...

You are so funny! I love this weeks picture! Hope you are feeling well... as well as can be expected at 36 weeks! ;) I had Pax at 38 weeks... so you never know...

Susan Anderson said...

You're getting there!

=)

Rebecca said...

i miss being pregnant

Emmy said...

Tai pan with two kids is very brave! Glad you survived. I got sunburned a couple of weeks ago :(

Stephanie Cobabe said...

Oh Emily, you make me laugh AND smile. If you were a published author, I would buy your books AND stand in line to get your autograph!

Margaret Stone said...

Was it my husband who told you that? He went there on his mission and loved to tell me that through each of my pregnancies. WhAt do you think he was trying to say? Lol

Em said...

yep!!!!!