"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, April 22, 2013

if only trees could grow at the speed of my heart.

these kids.
they inspire me.
they make me want to feel the sun on my face,
and breathe the air deep into my lungs.
they make me want to create.
they make me want to smile.
they make me laugh.
they make me cry.
they make me burst from happiness
and frustration
and happiness again.
we're gonna need a tree.
with a rope.
ASAP.
please:)
i wish trees could grow at the speed of my heart.
b/c if they could,
one would miraculously appear in my backyard tomorrow.
complete with a rope.
and a tire swing.
and if we're talking miracles here,
i might as well include a tree house too.
if only trees could grow at the speed of my heart.





"once there was a tree...
and she loved a little boy.
and every day the boy would come
and he would gather her leaves
and make them into crowns 
and play king of the forest.
he would climb up her trunk
and swing from her branches
and eat apples.
and they would play hide-and-go-seek.
and when he was tired,
he would sleep in her shade.
and the boy loved the tree...
very much.
and the tree was happy."
the giving tree
-by shel silverstein-
...
like i said,
we're gonna need a tree...

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

You're right. Every kid needs a tree. And if it's a magic one, even better!

=)

Amy said...

I love those photos. I bet that tree is covered in buds and blossoms right now. Trees really do make some of the best friends a kid could have.