"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

an hour later...

the story of how our garage shelves 
were successfully delivered last thursday:
me: i'll be in the basement. 
don't let anyone in except for linsey.
brennan: mom, WE KNOOOOW. only linsey.
nobody else!
an hour later...
me: brennan, where did these boxes come from?
brennan: the guy in the truck.
me: how did they get in the garage.
brennan: i opened it for him.
me: brennan, "NO ONE BUT LINSEY." i said "NO ONE BUT LINSEY."
brennan: yeah but i've seen that truck in our neighborhood a millions of 70 times! we know him. {insert hand gestures here} 
i opened the garage, he left them, and i closed the garage. 
it was fiiiiine.
me: didn't your mother tell you 
NOT to answer the door for strangers?
brennan: the brown trucked man is NOT a stranger.
...
GOOD GRIEF.
the UPS man must have had himself a good laugh 
as the 6 year old opened and closed the garage door for him so he could get on his way.
oh the mind of a 6 yr old.
crap.
i'll never admit it to him,
but i was secretly so glad he let that UPS man in,
so he could haul everything right into the garage all neat and tidy for me,
instead of leaving it on my front porch or not delivering it at all.
so handy really.
god bless that the UPS man didn't steal or harm anything in my house.
especially not my babes.
shudder.
we're gonna need to work some more on "NO ONE BUT LINSEY."

2 comments:

jen said...

It's funny how kida' minds work, isn't it?

Amy said...

Hahaha! But he knows him. So classic.