"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

letters to Emily {France, Mother's Day, & Loving my Boys}

 Dearest Emily,

I love your letters.  Especially the last one!  I am so glad Mama Smailes' special mother-mental powers came in handy.  She has a  sixth sense to mothers, I swear.  And OH what a day.  All I could think of reading that last letter was, "How does Emily have all that energy?"  Then maybe I have days where others think the same.  Us mothers.  Survivors. Thrivers.  

We went to France for Mothers day weekend!  It was fantastic.  We went to the Vosges mountain region, and it was so beautiful.  We stayed at a cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere with no internet access.  I loved every second of it.  Fire place going every evening, cowbells on the mountain side, wind rushing through the trees.  It was amazing.  Not having the internet for the weekend made me appreciate how simple life can be sometimes, also how much the internet has helped connect us to our love ones as well.  I love and hate the internet.  But I am using it right now, so I can't complain too much.  The picture of me sitting on our window seal at the cabin we stayed in was a wonderful moment for me.  My boys (including Bryce)  were all sleeping, so I made myself a cup of tea and sat in the window seal looking out at the trees swaying the wind.  It was such a peaceful moment.  My family safe and sound, in their beds.  I reflected on how much I need these beautiful souls in my life.  Someone I know once said, "I don't think needing someone is a necessity in this life."  I feel sad for them, because I need the savior first, and second I need these cute boys I take care of everyday.  I loved having a vacation with my family.  I think vacations help you realize how much you love being with each other.  And how special  your family is an individual family.  Smith is so normal to us that I forget when people stare or look at us funny that they may not be used to a handicap boy, that's okay.  I don't mind.  France was magical and so wonderful.  Bryce and I freaked out when we saw a parking lot!  And a strip mall.  We thought we were in little America.  We even saw doritos.  It was trippy.  I loved crossing the border and hearing a completely different language.  And it's only 3 hours from where we live!  It was so much fun. 

Bryce walked in last night with limp and said, "ummmm, I think your going to be mad."  He got a torn ligament in his ankle from playing basketball.  Lame.  I feel bad for him, and that means put your shoulder to the wheel for me.  He usually does breakfast for everyone, and takes Smith down to his bus.  So I got Smith ready and made breakfast.  I took Smith down to his Bus, and then Bear decided to have a whine at mommy all day long day.  Let's just say I was so happy to get him to bed and get some time to exhale. 

Anyway,  I hope you have a great week, and I loved reading your letters!!!
love love love

Beth

No comments: