"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Friday, November 20, 2009

cold shopping

my pediatrician confirmed
that is is "normal" (whatever that word means) to have 10-12 colds a year before the age of 2.
apparently, it is what builds their immune systems to be strong as adults.
all this time i was trying to avoid him catching colds.
what was i thinking???!!!;-)
new plan of action: cold shopping
if we are going to get a cold anyway,
i'd like to shop for one every month.
if your kid is sick, give me a call.
let's get our kids together, let them share drinks and snot.
i'm not talking fevers folks.
i don't want your fevers.
or your pneumonia or your pig flu.
or the flu in general.
don't call me if you have the flu.
i just want the old fashioned colds.
if he is going to get a cold anyway,
we might as well just get on with it;-)
call me crazy,
but i think i'm onto something...
please tell me you get my jokes.

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Yes I do :)
And I have heard that too.. my son was pretty true to that..Alex has been healthy as a horse.

Though Lucas seems to making up for his lack of colds in his first two years of life now.

Susan Anderson said...

I like your jokes. And yes, I do get them.

=)

PS. All kidding aside, your attempts to keep Brennan away from germs are worth it. He'd be sick 100% of the time instead of 50%+ of the time if you didn't. (And that RSV asthma stuff makes each cold SO much more of a pain.) But as I've said before, I'll bet he grows out of it! Eventually. *sigh*

Tiffany said...

Wow, you are like a daily blogger...I have so much to get caught up on in your life. And I like how you write. I am a bad writer. Anyways, congrats on #2 and a girl...YAY! Every mommy at least needs one girl, and ONE might be all that I can handle. Boys are so easy.
You coming to AZ at all during the Christmas break? I would love to get together with you. let me know.
And your little man is a hunk!!

Lisalulu said...

you have wonderful humor (hows that for validation) love you

Erin Ellsworth said...

i know what you mean. ha ha
i do hope we are all healthy for the holidays.