"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Monday, October 27, 2008

the walk I'M on

i chose the scarf. it was fabulous.
i woke up this morning, nursed brennan, fed him cereal, checked cjane, and bathed all of his chunky little rolls. i dressed him, put him down for his morning nap, put a load of laundry in, and returned to my morning cup of cjane. i sobbed through an article that was written this weekend on the nielson family. click here for the article, BUT beware!!! it's a two tissue one folks.
i continue to marvel at how much this woman's story has changed my life. i used to get so frustrated when things didn't go "just right." i still have moments of frustration as a mother, who doesn't? but i quickly remember all of my rich blessings.
even with my belief in god (click here to learn about my faith), i find myself wondering "why did this have to happen to stephanie and her family?" then i cry b/c i'm thanking god it didn't happen to me. then i cry b/c it's just not fair. then i remind myself that bad things just happen to good people (and to bad people for that matter), and that there really is a greater plan than any of us can comprehend. thank goodness these people believe in a loving heavenly father who will help them prevail (b/c he really will, help that is).
if you've read the article you may have welled up when you read about 2yr old "gigs" (nicholas) who's baby fat is slowly disappearing, something stephanie is missing out on. those chubby cheeks she adored! the ones i can't get enough of in my son!!! stephanie's sisters wonder if he will remember his mom, recognize her. it kills me to think about that. one of the things i cherish most about staying home with brennan is seeing the changes from day to day. i love being a mom. it is the best thing i do all day. i love the things it teaches me about sacrifice, love, and life. why do i stay home? why do i not "work" (it makes me laugh that people think i don't "work" just because i'm not getting paid)? i guess it's different for every mother and every walk of life. i'm glad for the walk i'm on.

No comments: