"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

better than snow

2 & 6
are pretty grand...
during the day, my good friend beth came up to make me cupcakes...apparently adding 1tbls instead of 1 tsp of baking powder does matter.
nevertheless, our day was full of laughter and fun.
after our cupcake downfall (literally), sean surprised me by whisking me away to a massage while my mom watched brennan. it was OH so relaxing...
(plus, now he doesn't have to give me one...
i see your plot love!)

then sean took our little brood to our favorite thai restaurant (Thai Garden). they thought it was brennan's 1st birthday, even though we told them twice that it was my birthday. anyway, they brought him some coconut ice cream (which i course spoon fed him), with one candle for his 1st birthday...after which they took his picture to put on their wall. he LOVED the coconut ice cream. as you can see, he also liked the bamboo. i thought he looked like huck finn.

my favorite thing on the menu is tom ka tofu. they bring it out in this pot with a flame coming out of the center to keep it warm while you indulge yourself in the sweet coconut soup.

it's

to

die

for.

they have this amazing aquarium and put us right next to so brennan could enjoy the fish...and he really did. look at the massive one on the top. seriously, i'm pretty sure he's out grown the tank. have you ever read the book "fish out of water?"

what a fab day!

thank you everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes!

cheers to another year

2 comments:

Erin Ellsworth said...

Happy Birthday!

I am glad you had a good day.

We will see you next weekend.

Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day!