"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Thursday, May 31, 2012

and i do

we got home from brennan's last day of preschool picnic.
flushed, windblown, and hungry.
i nursed chase while the kids watched sesame street.
then i went to make grilled cheese sandwiches.
b/c after eating at the picnic they were still "starving."
so i stood there rocking baby chase to sleep in my kitchen,
bundled in a blanket, with a binky,
grilling sandwiches over my stove,
looking out my kitchen window at the garden we planted on monday,
and i thought,
this is what it's all about.
rocking babies to sleep in my kitchen,
grilling cheese sandwiches,
and growing pumpkins and tomatoes in my garden.
just another warm summer's day at the gibson home.
a pretty great life,
if i do say so myself.
and i do:)
{at least until the baby wakes up and the kids start fighting}


note to self:
learn to spell sandwhiches sandwiches
without having to use spell check.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

It's a great gig, isn't it?

=)

Jen said...

I love your whole attitude on mothering. It's very refreshing :) "until the kids start fighting"...exactly!!
xo