"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

letters to Emily {english soup, new place, & Dr. Laura}

Dearest Mrs. Emily Gibson of Utah,
 
The better than sex Chex sounds OVER THE TOP AMAZING!!!!!!!!!  I just love your guts when I comes to cooking in the kitchen.  You have no fear and the result is amazing everytime!!!  You aren't really scared of any recipe or anything.  I love that you put whip cream with it.....so wonderful.  Really.
My newest favoritest thing that I have eaten is this "english potato leek soup"....ummm, with grilled cheese, probably the best thing you have ever eaten!!!
 
really simple, I know. Nothing fancy pants like you have been cooking.  But there is one thing you left out, I noticed the side you made with the "better than fried chicken"....umm...it looked amazing, brussels-onions, poatoes!  wow...need the recipe for the grilled brussels and onions paaaleaase! 
 
I have been out of the loop because we recently moved into a new apartment..yes again.  But this time it will be for longer.  We actually live in student family housing really close to campus and prime real estate, down town Heidelberg.  It is great.  I love it because it has a playground right in the back so I can take Bear down everyday and get him totally dirty and cold and bring him back inside in no time at all.  He is WALKING AROUND LIKE CRAZY!!!  I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes.  I am head over heals for this little boy.  When Smith comes home from school all he wants to do is crawl all over him and give Smith his binki the whole time.  IT is great.  I really hope Bear understands and appreciates his older brother.  I am so grateful for Smith and the joy he brings to our home.   I was listening to Dr.Laura while folding Laundry (when I have big piles to do I usually do self help youtube clips from trusty psychologists...probably a crazy person thing, but hey, it is interesting and makes the time go fast)  and she talks about how you and your spouse are the center and everything revolves around  your relationship in life.  You have to make it work or everything is off balance.  I liked that perspective, I need to be more commited to making my Bryce happy because he makes me happy everyday.  He still amazes me and makes my heart go pitter patter. 
 
Thank you for loving life Emily.
It is rare.
And special.
Thank you for being a commited wife and mother.
It is rare.
And special.
Thank you for your zest with what seems to be "hard" situations and making them funny or a learning experience.
It is rare.
And special.
 
I need to send you some new pictures of me and the fam and the new place.  YOu would love it.  I hope you have a beautiful day.  Muuuaahhh!
 
love,
Beth Taylor

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree with Beth about how you savor and love life.