"experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -randy pausch

Sunday, June 3, 2012

letters to Beth {peeing, Church, and preschool}

Dear Beth,
        I cannot believe what happened to Bryce. It is just too crazy that it happened. I couldn't believe it the first time I read it, and had to go back and make sure I wasn't skimming and misreading, as that is one of my many bad habits. I need to hear more about the surgery and how he is recovering. How are you doing? Did anyone watch your kids for you? I think his mom is visiting now. Did I see a picture of you with her on Facebook this week? Please give him a squeeze from the Gibson's, unless of course squeezing hurts. How does your health insurance work over there? Were you just on with the school or did you have some kind of traveling insurance? I hope you are all being well taken care of in his recovery.

        We all finally made it to church today for the first time since having Chase. We were even on time. Only because Chase got us up at 7am on the dot to eat. I had no intentions of being on time, but bless his little heart, he got us up and going. I had planned on not coming back for a few more weeks, because I just love being at home with him alone on Sundays, but Brennan said he didn't like church anymore and "could he just stay home with me in jammies from now on?" So, I decided it was time we all went, and Sean didn't have any meetings this morning because the bishop is out of town, so I could have his help getting the kids ready. The kids were great the entire time, and Chase didn't make a peep {annoying perfect, I know}. I just can't imagine church ever going that well again, so it's a good thing we had a good start because that always makes going next time much easier. I have missed church so much. It was lovely, lovely, lovely to be back. I loved seeing all of my friends and having everyone fuss over how darling our little Chase is. I nursed him during Sunday school, and visited with a friend after, and then got to sit in blessed Relief Society for the first time in four years. I'm still the nursery leader, but I'm taking a few extra weeks off of nursery until we bless Chase in July before I go and get back to it. I'm going to enjoy every minute of being able to sit in there and be spiritually fed. Amazing! I came home uplifted and recharged for the week. I haven't felt like that after church in a long, long time. Such a little gift right now. I do miss those darling little nursery children {including watching my very own little miss max}, but I'm taking my time for once. What is your calling in Germany? Are there many other Americans there? I think you mentioned church being in German, but I was wondering if anyone spoke any English with you while you were there.
        You are the bravest lady I know. I can't imagine living out of the country. Really, you inspire me in your ambitions. I also am so impressed with your excitement for cooking around allergies. I would just be whining all of the time about how I couldn't have my peanut butter frozen yogurt. I will take your challenge to try to find some kind of chocolate that doesn't have soy lecithin in it. It will encourage good reading habits for me, as I have found very little time to read since having Chase. {haha} I did read Stephanie Nielson's book right after I had him, so I guess I did find time then. It was such a great book. You MUST read it. I can mail my copy to you if you'd like? I wonder if Amazon would let me ship a copy to you in Germany...???
        Brennan's last day of preschool was Thursday. I am sad that he has the summer off because he loved getting out and going in the afternoons, and I sure loved having a few hours to myself while the other babes napped. Does Smith get excited when you take him to his preschool? Can you see him developing in certain areas yet from going?

        Chase is waking up to eat,
        Love,
                   Em

p.s.
Brennan peed in my friend's front lawn the other day. Just dropped his drawers and peed right on her grass, and I realized that I'd better start teaching him he can't just be peeing anywhere he likes anymore. Just in our backyard...or any other place I decide is ok if it's convenient for me at the time. Have mercy, I can't wait for the phone calls from Kindergarten when his teacher has to tell me that he peed in the middle of a kick ball game out at recess:) Oh how I love my Brennan!

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Loved your letter, but what happened to Bryce? It sounds like he's okay??

I surely hope so.

=)